This page lists the various writing, presentations and interviews that I have done over the years.
OpenStack was created with the audacious goal of being the ubiquitous software choice for building public and private cloud infrastructures. In just over a year, it's become the most talked-about project in open source. This concise book introduces OpenStack's general design and primary software components in detail, and shows you how to start using it to build cloud infrastructures.
This book presents the case and methodology for optimizing your computing infrastructure through proven consolidation techniques. It steps you through the consolidation process from the initial business justification, through project planning, architecture, deployment, and management.
This book presents an established methodology for transitioning the people, processes, and technologies in IT environments to the Solaris™ Operating System. It steps you through the various phases of the migration process, using detailed case studies to illustrate the benefits, costs, and requirements associated with a migration project.
Conference Presentations and Panels
- OpenStack Summit, "Network Virtualization: The Next Big Thing ?", October 2012 (San Diego)
- OpenStack Conference, "Cloud Operators on OpenStack Networking", April 2012 (San Francisco)
- Trend Spotting in Tech Conference, "Evolution of the Data Center in an Open World", January 2012 (San Francisco)
- OpenStack Conference, "Service Provider Discussion Panel", October 2011 (Boston)
- IDC Asia Pacific Cloud Computing Conference, "Preparing For The Enterprise Cloud", March 2009 (Singapore and Seoul, South Korea)
- The Open Group Conference, "Cloud Computing", May 2009 (Beijing, China)
- CommunityOne, "Practical Cloud Computing Patterns", June 2009 (San Francisco)
- Gartner Infrastructure, Operations & Data Centre Summit, "Transforming your Data Centre: It's more than just reducing TCO", April 2007 (Sydney, Australia)
Interviews & Press
- SUSE jumps into OpenStack with its own distribution (Network World on August 29th, 2012)
- OpenStack Networking Moving Ahead (Data Center Knowledge on May 10th, 2012)
- First OpenStack cloud now open for business (GigaOM on October 27th, 2011)
- Developers wary of cloud lock-in (ZDNet Asia on April 22, 2009)
- Firms will adopt hybrid software cloud (ZDNet Asia on March 10, 2009)
- How to simplify environments and cut TCO (TechRepublic on February 26, 2003)
- SEM-PT301 - Solaris™ Principles: Performance and Tuning Secrets: Co-authored performance tuning and capacity planning 2 day course for Sun Education. Conducted class approximately 20 times in 1999-2001.